May 26, 2015

Review: The Story of Us (Carnage #1) by Lesley Jones

Publish Date: February 14th, 2014
Publisher: Self Published
Rating: 3.5 / 5

I purchased a copy via Amazon.

Blurb:
I love him, from the instant I set eyes on him when I was just 11 years old I have loved him and nothing will ever change that, he owns me, he owns my heart and he owns my body and no matter how many lies are told, no matter how many people conspire to keep us apart, despite the fame and the distance, we will find a way.

"Georgia Rae, when we made love you used to cry" ... He waits for me to sing my bit. I try to swallow down a sob but I just end up singing through it...
"I said I love you like the stars above, I'll love you till I die"

Carnage is an edgy coming of age love story that breaks all the rules and transcends the decades. Georgia and Sean's story will stay with you long after you read the final word. An emotional, smoking hot, gut wrenching read.




First Thoughts

(Spoilers ahead cause I can't not) Could you do it? Date a rock star? Even if you've known him since you were 11 years old, even if you've known him before he gained fame? I couldn't. There's too much temptation. Women, drugs, booze. I just couldn't.

Women, drugs, and booze are exactly what came between Georgia and Sean. Super predictable. Another guy comes along to put Georgia back together. Predictable. He's a dangerous businessman who shoots a guy in the kneecaps while out with Georgia. Okayy...?! Not predictable. Georgia and Sean find their way back to each other. Predictable. Then the ending happens. WTH WTH WTH??? Not predictable at all!

After I ugly cried and sobbed for a bit, I immediately one-clicked the next book on Amazon.


What I Enjoyed

Cam. I don't get him! Am I supposed to like him? I feel gross for liking him over Sean! There were some parts that made me cringe like when he kissed Georgia "a little too hard" on the mouth or when he grabbed her arm. Shooting the guy in a kneecaps was all sorts of crazy. Is he going to be a bad boy gone good? I don't know. I sure enjoy the mystery around this guy, though.

Sex scenes, FTW. Whew, I had to fan myself more than a few times. Georgia had a lot of 'fun' with both Sean and Cam. Lucky girl. Ha!


Family. Family is number one to me, so I absolutely love how important it was in the book. Georgia had her mom, her dad, 3 brothers, her brother's best friend became her lover, her best friends became her brothers' lovers. Super confusing, but very awesome!

The ending. This ending had me sobbing into my pillow at 2 in the morning last night. I can't imagine going through that. My life would be over. Sigh. Read it for the ending. The ending hurts.



What Could Have Been Better

Georgia and Sean's breakup. (spoilers ahead) While on tour, Sean got high off ecstasy and cheated on Georgia. Georgia refused to talk to him for 4 years after that. I get that. I'd dump the guy, too. Drugs and cheating? No thanks. Moping around for months. Ok. 4 years, though?! Good grief. This happened at age 16. You think from age 16 to age 20, she would have done some growing up. Either be with him or move on!


Memorable Quote

"I love you, Georgia Rae, show us your tits," he whispered, then he closed his eyes, his beautiful brown eyes, with their flecks of gold.
(You have to read it to understand)



3.5 / 5 asterisks


No comments:

Post a Comment