April 2, 2015

Review: Addicted to You (Addicted #1) by Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie

Publish Date: May 22nd, 2014
Publisher: K.B. Ritchie
Rating: 3 / 5

Downloaded a free copy from Amazon.

Blurb:
She’s addicted to sex. He’s addicted to booze...the only way out is rock bottom.

No one would suspect shy Lily Calloway’s biggest secret. While everyone is dancing at college bars, Lily stays in the bathroom. To get laid. Her compulsion leads her to one-night stands, steamy hookups and events she shamefully regrets. The only person who knows her secret happens to have one of his own.

Loren Hale’s best friend is his bottle of bourbon. Lily comes at a close second. For three years, they've pretended to be in a real relationship, hiding their addictions from their families. They’ve mastered the art of concealing flasks and random guys that filter in and out of their apartment.

But as they sink beneath the weight of their addictions, they cling harder to their destructive relationship and wonder if a life together, for real, is better than a lie. Strangers and family begin to infiltrate their guarded lives, and with new challenges, they realize they may not just be addicted to alcohol and sex.

Their real vice may be each other.


 First Thoughts

I enjoyed Addicted to You, but I didn't love it. I've been on a "messed-up-characters" book binge lately, and while Addicted to You was definitely messed up, it just didn't blow me away.

I don't really need to reiterate the plot-- the book summary says it all.


What I Enjoyed

Connor Cobalt. Yeah, yeah, he's only a secondary character in Addicted to You. I don't care! He was the best character! His honesty was so blunt, but so funny! I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or if he's just brutally honest!

Lily's sex addiction. Well, if I'm being honest, it was a bit awkward to read at times. I liked it because it was different. Guys and sex addiction-- eh, whatever. Girls and sex addiction-- now you have my attention.


What Could Have Been Better

The believability of the addictions. I don't even know where to begin my explanation. Lily has an addiction to sex. Ok. The sex scenes just made me laugh. I didn't feel like her addiction was an actual problem. Loren has an addiction to alcohol. I'm sorry, but someone that has been drinking his life away for YEARS should not have a rockin' bod. He should have a booze belly. I don't say beer because beer is apparently beneath Lo's standards. Loren functioned a little too well for someone who was supposed to have a major alcohol problem. I just couldn't believe it.


Memorable Quote

Promises from Lo are like bars at 2am--empty.


Recommended For

New adult romance readers, those who enjoy steamy sex scenes that make you blush, or those who want to root for the romance of two messed up characters.


3 asterisks


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment