January 19, 2015

Review: Arouse (Spiral of Bliss #1) by Nina Lane

Release Date: January 24, 2014
Rating: 4 Stars


Downloaded a free copy on Amazon.

Blurb:

"One day I'm going to touch you in a thousand different ways and show you how to touch me," he said. And he did.


Struggling with a tormented past, undergraduate Olivia Winter once led a practical but isolated life. Then she met Professor Dean West, a brilliant scholar of medieval history who melted Liv's inhibitions and taught her the meaning of both love and erotic pleasure. But after three years of a blissful, lusty marriage, Liv and Dean now face a crisis that threatens everything they believe about each other. And when dark secrets and temptations rise to the surface, the fallout might break them apart forever.


I found this steamy romance to be quite refreshing! To be honest, I didn't read the blurb, so I was expecting typical whirlwind romance in which boy and girl meet, fall in love at first sight, experience difficulty, overcome said difficulty, and live happily ever after. This is not that type of romance!

It was a pleasant surprise to find out that Olivia and Dean were actually already married! I enjoyed Nina Lane's storytelling during which she alternated between the issues in the present and how Olivia and Dean met in the past.

Some of the passages in the book are extremely steamy, so beware if you're not into that!


The only part I didn't like about the book is how jealous and childlike Olivia could be. I felt entirely embarrassed for her each time she would snoop through Dean's office and computer. Maybe that's just me?

Definitely a great read! I'm adding the other two Spiral of Bliss novels to the top of my to-read list for 2015.







No comments:

Post a Comment